9 Awesome Thrift Store Halloween Costume Ideas

In that video, she wore an outfit literally to a tee very similar to this. I’m wearing a Harley-Davidson denim jacket that is almost the same as hers. When I saw this dress in a thrift store, it totally reminded me of Tinker Bell. I paired it with green shoes and tied my hair into a bun. I feel like these kinds of costumes are really looked down upon because of how not original they are. I’m also wearing long white gloves and a white headband, and a black choker would be perfect for this look as well.

99% of everything I'm wearing in this lookbook is thrifted and I’ve tried to pick things that would be quite easy for you to thrift as well! Let’s get started with these thrift store Halloween costumes. Trantham taught herself how to sew about seven years ago. She started off making blankets, but now she shops at thrift stores for vintage fashion that she can easily change up. One of my first thrifted clothing finds back in January was this teal skirt from thredUP.

White Fur Coat

Regardless of how elaborate it might be, that donated item that might look a little sad on the store shelf is getting a whole new lease on life in your home. Almost all of the clothing featured I found while thrifting and I’m sure you’ll be able to find similar pieces for yourself too. Then, I have this beautiful white silky material slip dress and lace-up boots that I actually originally bought because I was inspired by the ones that she wore in that video. Page said it feels like she's honoring the past owner by giving an old clothing item an updated style and wearing it today. "I see every thrift find as a unique challenge," she said, adding that reconstructing clothes has taught her to be resourceful. "I love combining my engineering style of thinking with my creativity to produce something exactly as I envisioned it to be."

thrift store outfits ideas

This is another outfit where I feel like you can really make it unique to what you have in your closet. Halloween is rapidly approaching, so I figured it would be really fun to create Halloween costume ideas that are good for when you’re putting an outfit together last minute. Klotz started transforming thrift-store finds two years ago. Page also said that she gets a lot of her ideas from fellow DIY designers on Instagram and loves seeing how people react to her creations and others in the comments. Page learned how to do everything from threading a sewing machine to making mannequins from watching YouTube videos. Sarah Tyau started transforming thrift-store finds soon after she got married as a way to save money.

by following The Outfit Repeater

Caitlin Trantham started posting videos of her clothing transformations on TikTok. It was a lot of fun to go through my finds and restyle them. In some cases, my style changed a lot in just a few months! Let me know in the comments which look was your favorite.

thrift store outfits ideas

This stool was my first try using oven cleaner to strip the finish off of wood. This stool is from the thrift store as well as the fabric used to cover it. I happen to own two pieces that have a dalmatian pattern and I was like yeah like let's go for it.

DIY Cinderella costume

Laura is another one of our fav DIY clothing bloggers. Turn an oversize men’s shirt into a cute pinafore dress with this step by step tutorial from ‘Diaries of a Maker‘. I’d love to know which of the three is your favorites, and I’d especially love to see any projects you take on that these outfits have inspired! I had to do this outfit because it is so easy to recreate. I’m wearing a thrifted red t-shirt and yellow pants, and I think this outfit could work with a yellow skirt too.

thrift store outfits ideas

Pinterest icon The letter "P" styled to look like a thumbtack pin. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.

For this look, all you really need is a blue dress and some, ideally white, heels. A bouquet of flowers, whether they were real or not, would also seal the deal on this costume. To turn it into a prom queen outfit, you can wear a sash with it, whether it says prom queen or is just blank.

Once that was done, I took off the skirt and stitched the sides by matching up all three points. The author may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. To dress as an angel, all you really need to do is put a bunch of light colors together. Of course, if you have angel wings, they will look great with the outfit. Here, I’m trying to recreate this angel picture of me when I was a kid. I also bought a pair of fairy wings and I think that if you can get hold of the wings then great but, if not, then this outfit would also totally work without them.

I can’t seem to find an image of how I originally styled but I know I bought it to replace an older skirt from my closet so I posted that for comparison. My best December thrifted clothing find is the yellow cardigan on the right that I bought from Swap.com. The only thing I have to compare it to is a vintage golden yellow sweater from a couple years ago, as seen on the left. This DIY choker dress is a t-shirt refashion from ‘Trash to Couture‘. She even has a step by step video on how to make this dress!

thrift store outfits ideas

While we can all agree this was a strange year to thrift, I’m happy with the choices I made in regards to thrifting. I definitely have some thrifted clothes that need to be redesigned. The first outfit I thrift flipped was this maxi animal print skirt I got for $4. The moment I saw it I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I’d seen these silk midi skirts I was interested in, and when I saw this skirt, I thought it would be the perfect item to refashion into one of those.

I started off by taking the panels on the side and stitching them out of the design. This allowed the fabric to look more like the Urban shirt but also made it so that the shirt fit me better. I hope you like these Halloween costumes that you can easily put together at the last minute. Here, I'm mainly getting inspiration from the cartoon, and I decided to kind of like go off on it with pieces that would go with the character. Jennifer Klotz is a freelance designer and seamstress who creates one-of-a-kind garments and costumes on commission.

thrift store outfits ideas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

+18 Great White Northern Lights References

Incredible Led Strp Led Strip Lights Walmart Ideas

Norwegian Escape Cruise Ship Norwegian Escape Deck Plans Norwegian Cruise Line